A seafood marinade with soy sauce and worchestershire sauce as the main ingredients. Yes, the sodium content is off the charts so use low sodium soy and Worchestershire sauce.
- 3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil (you can a bit of fresh basil for color)
- 2 to 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 3 tablspoons of olive oil
- 3 or 4 slices of thick bacon, diced
- Marinate the shrimp, swordfish or salmon at least for 30 minutes.
- Trim the fat off of the slices of thick bacon and dice.
- Pan fry on low heat without any oil or butter
- When golden but not crisp, add the seafood.
- Reserve any leftover marinade
- Cook the seafood to your personal preference (salmon is best slightly undercooked in the center)
- Turn off the heat and pour the leftover marinade over the seafood.
- Serve over Basmati rice with a green salad.
- Bon Appétit!
A friend shared this marinade recipe ions ago. I added the bacon, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 1638mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg