The classic Toll House cookie…in a maxi size. Recipe was found on a card attached to the spine of a “vintage” cooking magazine.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- One 12 oz (2 cups) Nestlé’s Semi-Sweet Real Chocolate Maxi-Morsels, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 * Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bow, combine the flour, the salt and the baking soda; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, the sugar and the water.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add 6 ounces or 1 cup of the Maxi morsels and the vanilla extract.
- Stir until morsels melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the remaining 1 cup of Maxi morsels and the nuts.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonful onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Use more than one cookie sheet if needed.
- Bake at 375* F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Allow to stand a couple minutes before removing the cookies from the cookie sheets.
- Cook completely.
- Makes about 2 1/2 dozen 3 inch cookies.
Nutrition: Ha! If we have to know about the nutritional aspect of these cookies, we probably should not be eating any – not even one.
The way we look at it… if the “devil made me do it” then we are knowingly indulging in the calories. Bet you can’t have just one.