Tangy and juicy roast pork loin marinated in a rich blend of herbs, spices and beaucoup de garlic.
- 4.5 lbs boneless pork loin roast ($12.50)
For The Marinade:
- 2 c. Heinz® Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 c. Pompeian® OlivExtra original Canola and EVOO
- 1/2 c. Wegmans® Italian Classics brand Robust EVOO (or Pompeian®, Bertolli’s®, Colavita®)
- 1 tbsp. Bell’s® Poultry Seasonings
- Jane’s® *Krazy original mixed up salt – 3 tbsp. (yes, 3 full tablespoons)
- One large clove of elephant garlic, cut in thin slices to blend into marinade
- 1 large clove of elephant garlic, to add to marinade then top the roast.
- Pinch of Wegmans® truffle salt
- 12 oz. whole baby carrots,
- Celery, cut in 1 inch pieces to equal 1 1/2 c.
- 1/2 large white onion cut in 1/2 in thick wedges. fresh thyme, parsley
- Prepare the marinade, place pork roast in a large freezer strength plastic bag and pour marinade over the meat. Distribute the liquid and herbs evenly then seal the bag tightly. Place in a large bowl to allow entire piece of meat to rest flat. Flip the bag every couple hours. There is not set time but allow to marinate at least 8 hour up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, place the baby carrots, celery pieces, onion chunks and herbs. Toss to mix well.
- Spread evenly across the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- Remove the roast from the marinade and allow excess marinade to drip off.
- Place on top of the cut vegetables and top with any sliced pieces of garlic remaining in the marinade.
- Roast at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees and roast for another 1 1/2 hours or until done to your preference.
- Every 20 minutes or so, baste with reserved marinade.
- Serve with steamed or roasted baby potatoes or a risotto.