My mother-in-law’s famous barbecue sauce for chicken. Oil and vinager do mix!
- In a small saucepan, mix the salt, pepper, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the oil and cook 10 minutes on low heat.
- This amount of sauce should baste the pieces of 2 whole chickens. Salt the chicken pieces before placing them on the grill rack, salted side down, then salt the top side and baste.
- Place the rack at the highest point over a medium fire, 15 minutes after “lighting” the charcoal.
- Baste after every turning until light brown on both sides.
- Chicken pieces cook in about 45 minutes.
- Serving Size: 6