A bowl of zesty beef chili and beans for those chilly weeknight dinners. Top with sour cream, aged cheddar, and finely chopped shallots. Instead of corn bread, try an olive foccacia. All you need is a football game on TV!
- Ground beef – 2.5 lbs of 80% lean/20% fat beef for chili
- 1 – 6 oz. container of diced white onions
- One 4 oz. pack of diced pancetta
- Two packs of McCormick® Mild Chili seasonings
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans Del Monte® Zesty “Chili Style” diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (or 2) 15.5 oz. cans of S&W® Chili beans seasoned with chili peppers, onions & garlic in a zesty tomato sauce, undrained
- Shredded aged cheddar
- Sour Cream
- Peperoncini, sliced
- Finely diced shallots
- Over medium heat, in a cast iron Dutch oven, sauté the pancetta and the diced onions until the onions is translucent.
- Add the ground beef. Brown until cooked through.
- Sprinkle the packs of chili seasonings over the meat. Stir to combine well.
- Add undrained cans of diced tomatoes.
- Stir to combine all ingredients well.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add undrained chili beans.
- Heat through.
- Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheddar and a sprinkle of diced shallots. A side of corn bread is more “authentic” but when in a hurry – buy fresh olive focaccia from the supermarket bakery!