This marinade starts hot and spicy! Add as much heat as you can stand but make sure the fire extinguisher is handy.
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar (Braggs© or Heinz©)
- Vegetable Oil, 1 cup (any brand will do)
- Juice of 1 extra large lemon
- 1 tablespoon salt (yes, it’s a lot of salt – you are in effect brewing up a brine)
- Peri Peri seasoning, 1 tablespoon or to taste
- 6 to 8 large cloves of fresh garlic – minced. Add as much garlic as you like.
- Zip lock plastic bags (2 gallon size) or a vacuum sealed marinator dish for smaller chicken pieces.
- To a quart size Pyrex© measuring cup, add vinegar and oil.
- Adding the remaining ingredients to taste and with an immersion blender (the ideal tool for this recipe); blend carefully until emulsified.
- Place your chicken pieces in the zip top plastic bags or in the marinator. Pour the marinade over the meat. Seal and refrigerate immediately for about 6 hours.
- Grill the chicken over indirect flame on the grill or be prepared to handle an inferno when the marinade drips onto the coals. Even on a gas grill, the flames will flare up to majestic proportions on a low setting.
- The longer the chicken pieces marinate, the more powerful the results. Study the Scoville scale. This marinade is for those can take the heat!