Bake a show stopper lemon pound cake and worry about the calories later… Uncle Wen’s egg-rich vintage homemade fresh #lemon #poundcake is not for the faint of heart and no friend of the waistline but once you’ve had a bite of this old fashioned classic pound cake – nothing else compares. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with a tart lemon glaze. #recipes #dessert
- 1 ½ cups of butter (at room temperature)
- 3 cups of sugar
- 8 eggs – that is not a typo
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, alternating with flour and beating well after each addition.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden brown. Test with cake tester. Remove from pan and cool completely.
You will also need: A 10 inch tube pan, measuring cups, measuring spoons, mixing bowls and hand held mixer or mixer such as a KitchenAid©, Oster© etc.
Serves: Many… but depends on how often they come back for second and third helpings.
Nutritional Information: Scary…