Posts contain affiliate links so readers can locate resources mentioned in recipes & articles. Merci.
Veal Sauté Recipe – This recipe is a standard company dish from my Aunt’s kitchen.
Imagine this – beyond tender chunks of veal in a creamy sauce ladled over buttery egg noodles – or rice. Oui, it’s comfort food à la Bibi! 🙂
Carma Veal Sauté Recipe
Everyday French dishes involve just a few main ingredients seemingly thrown together.
Bibi would create such mouth-watering gems as her sauté de veau in her 5×10 Parisian galley sized kitchen. In short order she’d emerge with her signature sauté perfectly plated with a molded tower of fluffy white rice decorated with freshly minced parsley.
Food presentation is an art! Discover the styling secrets of food professionals!
Sauté de Veau – Une recette que je tiens de ma Tante Arlette. Le plat nous régale toujours.
This recipe includes a chicken bouillon cube. I use both Maggi® and Knorr® but regardless of the brand, feel free to use low sodium cubes and soup base.
- On high heat, in a dry pan, sprinkle the “crazy salt” on the bottom of the hot pan and immediately place the meat in the pan, spreading to a single layer of meat. The best pan for this purpose has a heavy thick bottom which helps diffuse the heat evenly.
- Start browing the meat and top with sliced shallots and diced onions. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Don’t forget to account for the sodium content of bouillon cube.
- Shake the pan to loosen the pieces of meat, then turn the pieces to brown the other side. Do not burn the meat or the shallots.
- Lower the temperature to medium-low.
- Deglaze with the water and be sure to remove all the yummy bits stuck to the pan. (see our mini video below)
- Add the white wine, adjust seasonings, cover, lower the temperature to low and simmer, covered, for 2 hours or until completely tender. Remove the lid and reduce the cooking liquid to a thick glaze.
- In a 1/4 cup of water, dillute some cornstarch. Add to the sauce, stir to combine well and allow to thicken. Adjust seasonings if needed.
Serve over egg noodles with a side of Libby’s® Gourmet baby carrots and peas.
Here is a recipe variation> After the pan has been deglazed, place the recipe ingredents into a programmable pressure cooker and adjust the seasonings – include the second bay leaf and the white wine. Stir well to comibne.
Close the lid, position the steam handle to “seal”, set to “Manual” and 20 minutes. Allow the pressure to release by itself.
(Visited 85 times, 95 visits today)