Posts contain affiliate links so readers can locate resources mentioned in recipes & articles. Merci.
The Best marbled pound cake is rich and moist. No frosting is required.
Imagine my surprise this morning while cleaning out a drawer, when I came across a old recipe for yet another version of pound cake. While our go-to recipe is Uncle Wen’s lemon pound cake, the family would never refuse any baked goods which included chocolate and vanilla!
Host a book club? Make it about cookbooks, themed cooking, and recipes!
The Best Marbled Pound Cake Recipe!
Marbled Pound Cake & Vanilla Ice Cream
This “Recipe Of The Month” comes from a long forgotten cookbook membership subscription.
It was a printed as a review for a newly published cookbook in the Farm Journal collection – Homemade Ice Cream and Cake. It was a new collection of recipes by the food editors at the Farm Journal.
Now who does not like ice cream and cake? Along with some incredible recipes for home made ice cream, the collection came with recipes for irresistible cakes….including this Marbled Pound Cake.
Our ice cream machine is long gone but the cake recipes were kept safe and obviously well hidden.
Vanilla Pound Cake Scented Candles!
Recipe of the Month Club Recipe For Chocolate Marble Pound Cake
Marbled Pound Cake
Recipe type: Marbled Pound Cake
- 1¼ cups soft butter
- 2½ cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2½ cups sifted flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup less 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup cocoa, sifted
- Confectioners sugar (to sprinkle over the cake)
- Cream the butter; gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, creaming well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternately with milk and vanilla to creamed mixture.
- Take our 2 cups of the cake batter. Blend cocoa into it. Alternately spoon light and chocolate batters into lightly greased and floured 10″ tube cast aluminium, bundt-cake pan.
- Bake ina slow oven (325*) for 1 hour and 10 minutes for a 10: tube pan or 1 hour and 30 minutes for the heavier, cast aluminium pan or until the cake tests as done with a cake tester.
- Cool in the pan about 10 minutes. Invert the cake on a wire rack and remove carefully from the pan. Cool the cake completely. Sift on the confectioners sugar.
- You will also need: Mixer, bowls, measuring spoons, spatula, cake tester, bundt-cake pan or 10″ tube pan.
- Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes for a 10" tube pan or 1 hour and 30 minutes for the heavier, bundt-cake pans or until cake tests done.
Note: This pound cake is very buttery and moist. If you would like a richer chocolate color, increase the amount of cocoa by two or three tablespoons.
What flavor ice cream do you serve with this cake? Chocolate Mint Ice Cream or French Vanilla.
Nutritional Information: We do not have any specific nutritional information available, but these ingredients speak for themselves...the resulting cake is loaded with calories!
Swan Creek Vanilla Pound Cake Gourmet Enamelware Canisters
(Visited 30 times, 10 visits today)